"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

An Addendum

I read the post about my grandparents again and it brought back a few more memories. So, I went back in and added a thing or two. (Keeping The Record Straight)

My family like the personal Blog better than the political. The more I write the more they want me to write. So every time I remember something else it seems sensible just to go back and slip it in. That's the beauty of Blog.

I work on some stuff for hours. I go over it again and again , tidying and tweaking, hopefully to make it flow and read better. Then there comes a point when I have to end it and post it or scrap it. Then I read it again days later and realise there was more to tell.

If James Joyce can ramble on in his endless stream of consciousness prose, I can round out memories in my own Blog. Check it out.

Heather Sisman says I'm wasting my time because people won't read it again. Well, now I'm telling you. If you liked it the frst time you might like it better the second time. What can it hurt? It's all between friends, isn't it?

1 comment: