"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday, May 10, 2010

Beautiful Music

By my standards, if it brings tears to my eyes,or lifts my spirits, then it is superlative.

Memories from the musical Cats and Don't Cry for Me Argentina are in the first category.

I heard a few weeks ago, Andrew Lloyd Weber has been diagnosed with cancer. I find myself thinking of him and hoping he is making progress..

He can't be much more than fifty years old .It's hard to comprehend how one person can be responsible for so much that is so beautiful.What a gift.

Books are important. Art and sculpture too. But in terms of a universal infusion of joy, nothing comes close to music and a beautiful singing voice.

Second would have to be the ability to make people laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment