"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Another Buck Gathering

At my house last Sunday. Five grandchildren were missing for various reasons but  numbers continue to grow.

Four generations were present. The intent was for a garden/pool  party and it happened but interspersed with several downpours.

The Tacoma twins were here. At two and a bit, they are the youngest . They were born here and this was  their second  summer in Canada.It  was their  third family gathering. Thoroughly  at home in the crowd.

Cheyenne and Abigail . nine and five,are  great -grandcildren from Bradford. They also know where they belong.

The two youngest grandchildren are twelve or thereabouts.

When  my first grandchild was born, my youngest child was fourteen

I was twenty-one years old when my first child was born.

That means the family has always been young.

I didn't plan  seven children. I didn't plan not to. I never thought of a child as anything but a welcome addition .The financial aspect was never a factor .

My children are  good parents, constant partners. Their  children are lively,respectful and not estranged.

They respond to the call when the date and place is circulated. They enjoy  each other's company.

The whole adds up to a substantial body of experience in one person's life. Mine.

When someone half or a third my age presumes to suggest.I might be out of touch with modern times
I have  a very negative reaction.

None of my own would ever suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment