"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Caustic Barbs

I have a reader who dislikes me intensely. I would have thought my last post would not have offended anyone. I didn't write it so I don't take credit for it. I feel though it is a very positive outlook on life and an encouraging one for anyone who fears old age may be the down time. of life. It is not.

Those of us who are fortunate to have achieved elder status know the trials and tribulations of life better than the generation behind us. We know something of our grandparents experiences, our parents, our friends and our childrens and their friends and now our grown-up grandchildren. We have numerous comparators to judge that we can be grateful for our lot.

My critical and unknown correspondent is intent on proving that I am a worthless human being. She claims I am small-minded and mean to the unfortunate voters who elected me. She does not identify herself however, nor does she cite a particular example of my perfidy.

Given the sparseness of evidence, it is difficult to understand just what my anonymous correspondent wants from me. Probably nothing. So, why I wonder, does she persist in reading what I write. It seems to me a waste of her time and not conducive to peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment