"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lazy Bones Lying in the Sun


The title tells all. It has been a glorious summer. My grandchildren and their friends have enjoyed the pool in my backyard more than ever before. I am not the lifeguard but I tend to be on the deck watching them all the time all the same. Then there is the time I spend in the pool myself by myself. I like that.

I am not a great multi-tasker. If I am writing, I need to do that and only that. The time whizzes by and before I know it I have spent the better part of a day sitting at the computer. I don't want to spend the summer days doing that, I want to watch my grandchildren in the pool.

So that is what I have been doing.

Yesterday, someone sent me the following piece . It is so close to my personal philosoophy I
could have written it myself. It is too great to keep to myself. It should be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment