"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday, February 23, 2007

An Explanation of Sorts

The foregoing blog post was the result of my own efforts. Me, myself, alone. My friend Heather is not available.

I have to tell you, I never learned to type. Hunt and peck is all I possess. That one space follows a comma and two follow a period is something Heather has been trying to impress upon me. Most often, I have to go back and insert the spaces. It doesn't always work.

Weird line spacings appears in the completed blog which are a total mystery to me. I have no idea how they got there.

I re-write stuff repeatedly before it sounds right. It's not a problem if I am just typing. But add it to the business of navigating the blog and there are still things that mystify me. If I publish instead of saving as a draft things get so quickly convoluted,I have no idea what to do next.

That's where Heather comes in. She tidies the stuff and makes it look right. She finds clip art and pictures and sometimes creates the illustrations. Putting it together is truly a co-operative effort and highly satisfying. When I see it after Heather finishes with it, it is something quite different and delightful. Doing it myself doesn't have the same sense of accomplishment. But it doesn't seem to deter me.


Heather's not available right now. That's why that last blog took shape before your very eyes. She will probably do some fixing when she is again available. I look forward to seeing the pictures she will come up with to illustrate the point.

In the meantime, I am all you've got.

1 comment: