"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Right Back Atcha!

Late last night the following comment was posted to yesterday's blog:

The Buckster writes "It was mentioned again, at the tribute to Tim Jones. Sometimes, I wonder, if I had not done it, what would people find to laugh about..." In reality, Ms Buck, town folk were laughing at you, not about what you did.

My reality is that I gave a full and unqualified apology for the incident. I offered no excuse. It was given before a full audience in the council chamber and on camera. It was also graciously accepted by my friend and colleague Ron Wallace.

Furthermore, since I am the one living in the goldfish bowl, I probably have as good a sense as anyone of community reaction to the event.

I am very much aware of the immediate, determined and successful effort to project the incident as something other than it was, and the damaging effect. I blame no one but myself for that.



Since there is an obvious determination to keep the story alive and it was resurrected again at the Tribute to Tim Jones by Cathy Vrancic, are you suggesting Mrs.Vrancic was using it to have another kick at the cat? All that time I thought it was a fun evening and a roast of Tim Jones.

And to "BrickBatForBuck" -- Thank you for your comment and for giving me the opportunity to speak to your perception of reality.


If you think I am such a joke in the community, why are you reading my blog? And another thing, if you are so sure you are speaking for the town folk, why don't you have the courage to provide your identity?

No comments:

Post a Comment